This blog is devoted to my architectural sketching adventures and musings about the integration of architecture and sketching.
I hope not only to share my own on-location architectural sketches but provide tips and methodologies for sketching and understanding architecture.
Also, most importantly, I wish to explore ways in which, in a digital age, we can not only defend but
promote freehand sketching within the architectural profession.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Loose linework

120413 Having fun with linework A few weeks ago I was experimenting with different types of linework when sketching architectural subjects (or anything for that matter) 120512 Loose Lines 1 & 2 120512 Loose Lines 3 & 4 Well this evening I was practicing these on a photo of a building that I am very keen to sketch in real life... Sometimes it is hard to have the opportunity or the energy to get out to different parts of Sydney. Traditionally I use #1 or #4 when I have a complicated building in front of me and I am either too tired, ratty, my bag is too heavy, or running out of time (or all of the above) All four are great ways to loosen up as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin