This blog is devoted to my architectural sketching adventures and musings about the integration of architecture and sketching.
I hope not only to share my own on-location architectural sketches but provide tips and methodologies for sketching and understanding architecture.
Also, most importantly, I wish to explore ways in which, in a digital age, we can not only defend but
promote freehand sketching within the architectural profession.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Checking my perspective

St Barts perspective I thought I would do a perspective check on my recent quick sketch of St Barts (when I did the sketch I didn’t think about any of the rules of perspective, just drew the lines as I saw them...but of course the basic principles of perspective have been ingrained in me for years) An interesting exercise... I already knew that the left side of the building was out of whack but hoped that the lines relating to the focus of my sketch would be ok. This has proved that they were more or less ok – lines A and C. D, on the other hand is a JOKE! But as the eye is directed towards the dome, I am not overly concerned about this.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Liz,
    I enjoy both of your blogs but find myself turning to your architecture one more often. I think your comments and observations are extremely helpful to me and hope you'll post more more often, but that's just me begging! Hope all is good with you.
    Frank B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frank,

    I have lots of plans to post more regularly to this blog... But it never seems to happen. I will try to do pick up the posting rate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second to the request above--I really learn from your posts on how you work. Drawing buildings is my favorite thing and your style is so dynamic--Judy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin