This blog is devoted to my architectural sketching adventures and musings about the integration of architecture and sketching.
I hope not only to share my own on-location architectural sketches but provide tips and methodologies for sketching and understanding architecture.
Also, most importantly, I wish to explore ways in which, in a digital age, we can not only defend but
promote freehand sketching within the architectural profession.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Extra Sketching Architecture class and workshop!


On location sketching classes or workshop in the Rocks Area - Sydney

As the Friday class is now full I have decided to offer it on a Thursday morning class as well....and also a full day Saturday workshop which will cover the same content as the 4 week class.

Please let me know if you are interested in the Thursday class or going on the waiting list for the Friday class (I expect there to be some movement on a waiting list)

 4 week course
Thursday mornings 07-28 Nov or Friday mornings  08 - 29 Nov.
Time: 10.00am - 1.30pm.  Cost $150.00

1 Full Day workshop
Saturday 30 November 2013

Time: 9.30am - 4.30pm Cost: $100.00


You don’t need perfect perspective to draw buildings but you do need to understand what you are looking at. This 4 week Friday course will help you grasp the fundamentals of drawing architecture and have fun doing it! I will share with you my system for drawing architecture which involves seeing forms and structure and detail, describing edges and using simple strategies for perspective.

Working with ink and watercolour wash, we will also explore ways to sketch architecture with lively lines and loose and colourful watercolour washes. A series of exercises has been developed to help all levels of participants progress from simple buildings to more elaborate architecture.. and I will also be doing demonstrations each week to show how it all fits together.

Extensive handouts will be issued to each participant of both the 4 week classes and the workshops.



2 comments:

  1. Liz - I am SO wanting an architecture class! What about those of us who are a long way from you - as in, for me, NYC. What about on-line, or you might be planning a trip to the states/NYC area. Please do consider. Best, Linda. (Chezlindy@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Liz,
    its really inspiring went through all your work here in your blog.
    Suddenly i fall in love in sketching all over again.
    Do you have Instagram account that I can follow and get your latest sketches update?

    @izuanidris, KL, Malaysia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin